What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

sensor pause

Votes:

Dear all,

I want PRTG to be reachable from two network (two IP), but as soon as I activate second ethernet card all the sensors get paused. When I disable one of the ethernet cards, all the sensors get activated again.

Could you please, explain how is it possible for PRTG to work on two network?

Many thanks in advance.

prtg prtg-network-monitor-8-x prtg8

Created on Jun 10, 2015 11:38:44 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi,

This might happen if the monitoring requests are sent via the wrong network card. By default, the Ping Sensor is the main dependencies for other object, this might explain the paused sensors.

Please log on your PRTG Server and open the PRTG Administration Tool and mark the correct network card for outgoing monitoring requests.

Does it work afterwards?

Best regards

Created on Jun 11, 2015 12:48:34 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.