What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Monitoring services and programs in AS400

Votes:

Hi, my client already uses PRTG and monitors standard sensors on their AS400 (memory, disk, etc.). They need to monitor the availability of certain services (TCP/IP, etc.) and their own programs they run on it. How can this be done using PRTG?

JJPineda

monitor-as400 programs-as400 services-as400

Created on Jun 10, 2015 8:41:09 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

Please check if the vendor of your device offers any MIB files that you can import with our MIB-Importer. If so, you can monitor the target with the SNMP Library Sensor.

Created on Jun 15, 2015 6:23:12 AM by  [email protected]

Votes:

Thanks Jochen, they have already imported the vendor's MIB file. They are able to monitor certain system general parameters, like memory and disk space. They need to monitor the availability of services like TCP/IP and some applications of their own.

Created on Jun 15, 2015 2:51:02 PM

Votes:

Hello Jochen, my client tells me his AS400 has 16 MB RAM but PRTG shows only 5. Regardless of that, RAM availability (as a %) is shown correctly in PRTG. I'd appreciate your comments.

Created on Jun 15, 2015 5:32:07 PM

Votes:

Hello,

since we do not have any default PRTG AS400 sensors, you have to check the available mib´s if they provide OID´s to monitor the availability of services and applications.

Regarding the wrong ram value, please send some screenshots showing the "Overview" and "Settings" tab of the sensor to [email protected]. Please refer to this KB-article.

Created on Jun 17, 2015 12:18:11 PM by  [email protected]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.