What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Notification change

Votes:

Hello, I need to change Notifications setting for ca.1000 devices in one of their sensors. I just want to turn them of by changeing option to "Only use triggers defined below". Is there a way to change this in a one shot via web, gui or api interface? Or I need to go and click through all 1000 devices manually? brg, TG.

api notifications trigger-inheritance

Created on Jun 10, 2015 10:03:57 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Dear tgrazka

I am sorry, there is no multi-edit feature for notifications. The only notification-related API call is to test a notification, however the configuration of notifications or triggers is not accessible through the API.

Created on Jun 12, 2015 1:00:44 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Is there a way to report notification settings for sensors, devices and groups? I need at least to find out objects which have notifications switched off with setting "Trigger Inheritance: Only use the triggers defined below" (and there is nothing below defined).

Created on Dec 13, 2015 5:53:08 PM

Votes:

Hello Tomasz,

For one, you could use from the menu Sensors | Cross Reference. Another approach would be to use PRTG's API with a call like this for example (add this after the IP/Hostname of your PRTG installation, e.g. 127.0.0.1/api/....):

/api/table.xml?content=sensors&output=xml&columns=group,device,sensor,notifiesx

Kind regards.

Created on Dec 14, 2015 3:48:40 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

This is fine for me, thanks.

Created on Dec 16, 2015 10:53:22 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.