What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Larger maps than 640x640?

Votes:

With 14.4.X (and higher), using MapQuest, is it possible to have maps larger than 640x640? I understand that previous maps were limited to 640x640 by the Google Map API, now that we are able to use MapQuest, can we expand the maps to a larger-screen size? (Many clients wish to expand the geo map onto a 16:10 or 16:9 format monitor in their NOC.)

Thanks! Todd

640x640 maps

Created on Jun 11, 2015 2:33:25 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi Todd,

the suggestion would be the same, as in the other thread:

You can put a Geo Map on a Map an scale it to any size you want. BTW a Map is much more suitable as a NOC monitor display because you can arrange a multitude of PRTG Map Objects to suit the needs of your customers.

Have look at https://www.paessler.com/support/videos/prtg-advanced/creating-maps

Best regards.

Created on Jun 15, 2015 7:50:10 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Torsten,

Sorry, I realize my initial inquiry was a bit vague. What I meant was I would like the default geomap that is displayed by default to be larger than 640x640. When it is thumbnailed off the main console page, it appears to be in more of a wide-screen format (16:9 or 16:10). When I click on it however, it immediately goes to a square box using 640x640.

I've looked at the geomap.htm ad geomap_static.htm files and despite attempting to change the map width parameters in here, find no result. Is there CSS code that must be altered to get the default geomap to display on a widescreen view?

The video link only showed how to create a new map, with a static background. The clients would like to be able to have the default MapQuest active tiles remain as they have devices stretching all across the US, but the geomap default view isn't quite wide enough to display all of the US on its default zoom level because it appears to be stuck in a square rather than wide-screen format rectangle.

Thanks,

Created on Jun 19, 2015 1:57:22 PM

Votes:

The normal map will be the only way to achieve larger GeoMaps. Other ways of customising or else, are not possible. Sorry.

Created on Jun 19, 2015 2:17:56 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.