What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to update XML sensor limit ?

Votes:

Hi, I've written a powershell script to read info on my Dell Equallogic. It request data with SNMP and output a XML as result.

My problem is that the sensor limit are never updated in PRTG. The value is read the first time and that's all.

Example : I have one lun with 1Tb, I've fixed limit warning to 15% and error limit to 5% so XML result will be :

<result>
<channel>Datastore22</channel>
<value>2096760000000</value>
<Unit>BytesDisk</Unit>
<LimitMode>1</LimitMode>
<LimitMaxWarning>1782579200000</LimitMaxWarning>
<LimitMaxError>1992294400000</LimitMaxError>
</result>

If I change the size of the lun, the value is changed and limit are recalculted but only the value is updated in PRTG.

So my question is : it a normal behavior ? is it a bug ? Do I have to change something to enable those updates ?

Thx for help.

equallogic exexml powershell

Created on Jun 12, 2015 8:49:05 AM

Last change on Jun 12, 2015 9:24:02 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

That's intended behavior, yes. The limits are only read once during the sensor creation.

Created on Jun 12, 2015 9:24:36 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.