What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Remote access of PRTG

Votes:

PRTG is working very well locally. From inside the firewall, I can access PRTG from any PC on port 443. However, I cannot access it via web browser or IOS app from outside the firewall.

The firewall seems to be working well. I have a TCPDUMP from the network local to the PRTG PC, showing that the packets are passed to PRTG, but PRTG quickly ends the connection (five or 6 packets total).

Are there any configuration items inside of PRTG that might not allow remote access?

https prtg remote-access

Created on Jun 14, 2015 12:21:16 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
PRTG has no restrictions regarding the connections as long you have set the web interface up for public access. Could you check the web server logs of PRTG to see why those requests are failing?

Created on Jun 16, 2015 1:38:06 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

SOLUTION. The problem was being caused in the IOS application, by a bad account configuration. No matter what I entered in the port field, the application would always try port 443, rather than the port that was configured on the firewall.

Creating a new account solved the problem. Note, there doesn't appear to be any way to delete the old (bad) account.

Created on Jul 2, 2015 6:38:23 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.