What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Multiple dependencies for a single device

Votes:

I setup each device to have a master dependency of the ping sensor so that when the device is offline it will not report each sensor on that device as unavailable, which works well.

I also have remote sites I monitor from a single probe. The problem is, when that remote site is offline, I get a notification for each device in that site. I would much prefer to ALSO be able to make a device dependent on the sites router.

So, the device would be dependent on BOTH it's ping and it's site router. How is this possible?

dependencies multiple remote-site

Created on Jun 23, 2015 7:48:19 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Multiple dependencies don't work. Here's what you can do:

1. Create a group under your remote probe and name it according to your site (or anything you like)
  2. Move the site router out of that group
  3. Make the group depend on the ping sensor / internet sensor of the router

The group will then be paused when there's no internet connection. Other than that, there's no option to make devices depend from multiple objects.

Created on Jun 24, 2015 6:01:47 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.