What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

AWS Cloudwatch Sensor Error - Could not retrieve any data. Please make sure your scanning interval i

Votes:

Hi,

I am using a few of the AWS Cloudwatch sensors but they randomly generate alerts with the following message: "Could not retrieve any data. Please make sure your scanning interval is longer than the monitoring interval for this instance and that the system time on your probe server is synchronized to global time."

The scanning interval for the instances in cloudwatch is using the default 5 minutes. The scanning interval for the sensors is also configured to 5 minutes.

So sometimes the sensor gets data and then sometimes its unable to get data generating the alert.

Id like to be able to capture the 5 minute data into prtg and not have the alerts like above.

amazon-cloudwatch-sensor aws prtg

Created on Jun 24, 2015 4:47:01 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi, Correction detailed monitoring is enabled (1 minute) on the instances so even set to 5 minutes on the sensor I am getting this error. Thanks Martin.

Created on Jun 24, 2015 6:23:29 AM

Votes:

Hi,
could you forward us screenshots of your settings as well as a full support bundle to [email protected]?

Created on Jul 1, 2015 12:41:54 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.