Today telegram launched a new service. Telegram BOT. You can HTTP trigger this bot to send messages / photo etc.
At a older article i created a telegram bot with Linux but now its much easyer to do this.
1. First you must create a telegram account and add BotFather to you list. To do this click on the following url: https://telegram.me/botfather
2. Genrate a new bot with the command "/newbot" BotFather is then asking for a username and a normal name. After that your bot is created and you get a HTTP token. (for more options for your bot type "/help")
3. Add your bot to telegram with the following url
and send some text to the bot.
4. Now copy your token code and go to the following page in chrome:
5. You see a json code with the message you sent to the bot. Copy the Chat id. In this example that is “-9787468”
6. Now create a new notification (setup -> account settings -> notifications). Check the “Execute http action” and put the following url in the box:
chat_id=<chatid>&text=PRTG: %status %shortname %device :: %probe -- %group -- %commentsdevice
Now save the config and test it