What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Memory Sensor keeps falling over after update

Votes:

Some SNMP physical memory sensors on a couple of objects keep going down giving the following error: No Such Name (SNMP error # 2). The only way i have found to get the sensor back on is to delete and re-add it. This only seemed to start happening after we updated to version 15.2.17.2804 . Any help would be awesome Thanks!

error memory no-such-name snmp

Created on Jun 26, 2015 8:21:21 AM

5 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hi Adam,

Unfortunately, this is a bug in the latest version. We already fixed this bug in our recent canary version, but as it will take two merges until this change becomes stable, I would recommend to use the WMI Memory Sensor meanwhile.

Additionally, it should start working again after pausing and resuming the sensor. This will prevent data loss.

Best regards

Created on Jun 26, 2015 10:59:52 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Felix,

I have updated prtg to version 15.3.17.2996 and i am still having the memory issues. Can you please tell me when this issue will be fixed as it is causing major issues. Also is it possible to roll back to an older version PRGT in the mean time as we do not want to use wmi sensors?

Thanks

Adam

Created on Jul 2, 2015 9:16:26 AM

Votes:

Hi Adam,

The fix will be part of the version 15.x.19.x. The third digit 19 is important in this case. Pausing and Resuming should work here. Please excuse the inconvenience.

Best regards

Created on Jul 3, 2015 3:27:10 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

We are dealing with the same issue, what is the expected ETA of this version coming available? Thanks.

Created on Jul 15, 2015 7:15:22 AM

Votes:

Hi Seth,

I'm afraid that I cannot give you an ETA for this merge, sorry. Please follow the Release Notes of the Stable Version.

Best regards

Created on Jul 15, 2015 9:20:35 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.