What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Switch Port Monitoring

Votes:

Hi.

I have a lot of Cisco switches and want to have an auto-discovery that detects ALL switch ports. How can i do this?

I read that following: The Auto-Discovery only creates SNMP Traffic Sensors if the TrafficIN-counter for the according interface is above 0.

Is that still true?

Are there any workarounds? I could not add ports manually, because i have thousands of switch interfaces.

BR houdini3

ports snmp switch

Created on Jul 3, 2015 2:03:01 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Houdini,

This information is still up to date. Nevertheless, you can add an SNMP Traffic Sensor to the device and choose all available interfaces at once during the initial installation process. This will add a sensor for each selected object.

Best regards

Created on Jul 7, 2015 11:30:53 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.