What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

no send Event to Windows Event viewer

Votes:

Hello,

I have set my notifications send log to Windows Event Viewer.

But when my SNMP sensor go down nothing it's send to Event Viewer. In log from sensor appear the message "State Trigger activated" but it never send to Windows Event Viewer.

I wonder where is the problem ? some configuration in Windows ? or some set on my PRTG ?

I have created an notification that send log to Event Viewer and I marked the option "PRTG Aplication"

I hope for you

notifications prtg snmp

Created on Jul 8, 2015 5:15:30 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Are your PRTG Services running as LOCAL_SYSTEM? If not, the user maybe doesn't have the correct permissions to write event logs?

Created on Jul 9, 2015 1:58:40 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, Any thing about this case ?

Created on Jul 15, 2015 12:24:16 AM

Votes:

I replied already :)

Created on Jul 15, 2015 7:25:57 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello,

I had done your tips reinstall the new version but the problem go on.

Can we do a remote session ? please it's very important for me.

Thanks

Created on Jul 16, 2015 7:52:54 PM

Votes:

The problem seems to be that writing to PRTGs event log is currently broken. Can you try to use the application event log and use PRTG as source for this?

Created on Jul 17, 2015 5:30:11 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.