What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Hide default status icons on a custom icon

Votes:

I have made some custom status icons for my maps - these are larger versions of the default icons.

These have been added using custom-styles.css and a custom map object. They work great, except the map object also contains the standard status icon. Is there any way to hide the standard icons so only my custom icon displays?

custom hide status-icons

Created on Jul 12, 2015 9:40:55 PM

6 Replies

Votes:

Dear dma

Your case is perhaps best covered by using custom map objects. The easiest way to get a custom map object is to copy an existing file and change the map object's content. Please find a comprehensive description in the article above.

Created on Jul 14, 2015 11:27:33 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello - Yes, I created a custom map object based on the 'Status Only (transparent)' map object, and added code to the customer-styles.css so the map object users my own icon files.

The problem I have is that the new map objects show both the default status icon (the small green box) and also my custom icon image. I can't see any way to hide the default status icon and only show my custom icon.

The text from my map object is below....

<!-- Added Objects: Custom Status Icons - Large -->

<div class="map_object <#sensor type="colorclassofstate" prefix="map_customstatuslarge_" id="<@objectid>">" id="<@itemid>" objectid="<@objectid>" subid="<@subid>" style="<#mapobject type="coordinates" subid="<@subid>" mode="<@editmode>">">

<span>
    <#objectstatus name="downsens" id="<@objectid>">
    <#objectstatus name="partialdownsens" id="<@objectid>">
    <#objectstatus name="downacksens" id="<@objectid>">
    <#objectstatus name="warnsens" id="<@objectid>">
    <#objectstatus name="upsens" id="<@objectid>">
    <#objectstatus name="pausedsens" id="<@objectid>">
    <#objectstatus name="unusualsens" id="<@objectid>">
    <#objectstatus name="undefinedsens" id="<@objectid>">
  </span>
    <#mapobject type="objectgrip" mode="<@editmode>">

</div>

Created on Jul 14, 2015 9:26:21 PM

Last change on Jul 15, 2015 5:45:38 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Dear dma

The default icon is part of the placeholder. If you add the attribute show="textraw", the icon will not be shown; however the link to the PRTG object will be removed as well.

Created on Jul 16, 2015 1:39:29 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi - thanks for the update - can you confirm exactly where in the code I need to add this attribute?

I tried a few different places but it didn't seem to make any difference...

thanks!

Created on Jul 17, 2015 3:33:44 PM

Votes:

OK I think I worked it out - I added the show="textraw" to the objectstatus tag and the icon disappears.

However, the text still shows - I want this to disappear too so that all I have is my custom status icon....no default icon, no text.....is this possible?

thanks!

Created on Jul 17, 2015 3:43:59 PM

Votes:

OK I figured it out :)

I added a new section to my sytles-custom.css as follows:

** Invisible fonts for Custom Status Icons
/******************************************************************************************/

.map_icon_customfont .moreicon {
  display: none;
}
.map_icon_customfont, .map_icon_customfont div, .map_icon_customfont span, td.map_icon_customfont {
  font-size: 0px;
  font-weight: bold;
}
.map_icon_customfont .status {
  font-size: 0px;
  font-weight: normal;
}

Then I referenced this CSS in my map object:

<div class="map_object map_icon_customfont <#sensor type="colorclassofstate" prefix="map_statuslarge_" id="<@objectid>">"  id="<@itemid>" objectid="<@objectid>" subid="<@subid>" style="<#mapobject type="coordinates" subid="<@subid>" mode="<@editmode>">">

Created on Jul 17, 2015 4:07:40 PM

Last change on Jul 20, 2015 5:22:33 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.