What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Read only users don't see libraries

Votes:

Hi,

We have PRTG Network Monitor 15.1.14.1610 x64. I defined a library with read permissions to all defined user groups. But a read only user doesn't see any libraries. These users see sensors and devices but don't see libraries. Only administrator users see them.

Thanks, Yifat

library permissions prtg read-only

Created on Jul 13, 2015 8:36:53 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello yifatb1, thank you for your inquiry.

I've just tested this in version 15.3.17.2996 and it is working properly, though I don't believe that it shouldn't be working in version 15.1.14.1610 as well since this is a fundamental feature.

Please double check your settings, the user needs to have access to the sensors contained in the library and also to the library itself. The fact that the users is only read-only shouldn't play a role there.

Created on Jul 14, 2015 8:33:30 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

I tried the following:

1. I cloned the library. The read only users don't have access to the cloned library too.

2. I removed all sensors from the cloned library - and still the read only users don't have access to it.

3. I defined a new library with all the sensors of the original library. Read only users have access to it.

Very strange but the new library works so my problem is solved.

Thanks, Yifat

Created on Jul 14, 2015 10:27:21 AM

Votes:

Hello yifatb1, thank you for your inquiry.

I've also just tested this second behavior you've described in version 15.3.17.2996 was also not able to simulate this.

We're glad that you solved your problem but please consider updating to the latest version in any case.

Created on Jul 14, 2015 12:31:36 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.