What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Scheduled Task Time Window

Votes:

Hi I have set up some sensors to monitor scheduled tasks, which work fine. however i would also like to define a time window of success.

For example, let's say a task is set to run once per day and it fails to run (note this is not the same as the task running but failing). The default settings for the sensor show a success from the last successful result alebit it may be several days ago.

I would like the sensor to see that the task has not run successfully within the last 24 hours - is that possible?

scheduled-task time windows

Created on Jul 15, 2015 7:45:09 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

What would you like to do afterwards? Wouldn't setting up a notification (state trigger, down for 84600 seconds) do exactly that? :)

Created on Jul 15, 2015 11:06:37 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

i don't think so because there is no failure. The actual check results in a success, just a success from in my case 5 days ago when the task didn't run.

i am sure it's really simple i just cant get my head around how to configure the state for something which the last result was success just not in the required timeframe.

Created on Jul 15, 2015 11:12:34 AM

Votes:

create a schedule for checking the task at say 9:00 AM - this is a pretty new feature so may require an update of your prtg server

so say the task needs to run successfully between 8 and 9 am.... it does it check at 9:00 AM and set an upper limit on the last run time of 60 minutes. so then it has to have ran in the last 60 minutes. if its still running it should show failed, (may need to set a return code limit as well for 2 and above) but if it checks and has a 0 return code all is good, may take some tweaking

Created on Jul 15, 2015 7:17:23 PM

Votes:

that did it thanks. Set a new schedule for 9am - set upper limit to 10000s . Works fine thanks for your help.

Created on Jul 16, 2015 3:53:03 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.