What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Cisco Nexus 7K No response

Votes:

Hello, I own several Cisco Nexus 7000 switch, each with several hundreds active network interfaces being monitored.
Every 2-3 hours I receive an error message fro most of the interfaces:

No response (check: firewalls, routing, snap settings of the device, IPs, SNMP version, community, passwords etc.) (SNMP error # -2003)

The error is occurring on all snmp sensors (Cisco System Health/Traffic).
Please advise.
Yaron

cisco-switch snmp-error#2003 snmp-traffic

Created on Jul 16, 2015 7:02:51 AM

Last change on Jul 16, 2015 2:55:36 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

7 Replies

Votes:

You might be affected by this:
CSCue79881 - SNMP crashes on SNMP bulk get query

Can you check what happens when you set your SNMP compatability options, specifically the request mode to Single Get - does it work better then?

Created on Jul 16, 2015 1:40:13 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello, The switch version is 6.1(2) and is not Known as Affected Release accroding to the CSCue79881. The "Single Get" in the SNMP compatability options dows not solve the problem, the switch is giving an error message every 10-15 minutes. Please advise, Yaron

Created on Jul 19, 2015 9:54:04 AM

Votes:

Hehe okay then, we'll dig deeper. Have you tried to enter an SNMP delay, maybe 50ms? Since you mentioned several hundred interfaces, this just might help.

Created on Jul 20, 2015 7:31:40 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, I've tried to lower the SNMP delay to 50 ms and it did not solve the problem. Furthermore, the same problem occurs on another switch with much less interfaces, several dozen ports, also Cisco Nexus 7000. Please advise, Yaron

Created on Jul 21, 2015 7:00:31 AM

Votes:

Sorry, you might want to check back with Cisco if they can get anything from the logs. The only thing left to try is to increase the interval and see if it changes anything.

Created on Jul 21, 2015 8:27:01 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi and thank you for your response. By changing the interval you mean scanning interval? I've tried 2 & 5 minutes and still the problem occurs. Thanks, Yaron

Created on Jul 21, 2015 9:10:01 AM

Votes:

Yep, I meant the scanning interval. I assume there's a different bug in that firmware.. :/

Created on Jul 21, 2015 9:28:16 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.