What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Send an email notification without subject

Votes:

I need an email notification wehre the subject field is empty, but prtg says its mandatory and I need to write something. Is there a way to leave the subject field empty in the email notification?

Kind regards Paul

email notifications subject

Created on Jul 16, 2015 9:23:27 AM

6 Replies

Votes:

Hey paekau,

this is possible and easy to made.
Just create a new notification such as "E-Mail with no subject" in your notification administration.

You've got two options for subjects. First the "subject for merged notifications" and than next to the mail point you have to activate the "subject" box.

If you wanna have all emails without a subject clear both of them.

At least you have to activate this notification to a sensor and here we go.

Let me know if you need further assistant.

*EDIT* Sorry I've overread some needable stuff ;). Is it important that it's clear? A dot (".") or a minus ("-") did the trick in this case i think.

Space is not enough, you need one character minimum.

Created on Jul 16, 2015 10:26:17 AM

Last change on Jul 16, 2015 2:09:33 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Sascha

I see these Points "subject for merged notifications" and "subject" and I try to clean both of them but the "subject" box tells me in red letters that I need to write something there otherwise it won't let me save.

Created on Jul 16, 2015 2:10:21 PM

Votes:

Why you need it "clear" ?

With one character . or - should work (I test it myself). Than you won't get the red letters.

I think this is because it is not normal to send E-Mails without a subject. Some mail servers, such as Google will block you if you spam mails like this :).

Created on Jul 16, 2015 2:25:05 PM

Votes:

Because I use an sms-email service which don't allow any subjects.

Created on Jul 16, 2015 2:36:30 PM

Votes:

Is it possible to query the api of this provider in another way? And are we allowed to get the name from your provider? Maybe I can look for some help.

For my own we don't use sms-email services at all.

Created on Jul 16, 2015 3:33:24 PM

Votes:

The problem is solved by the sms-service provider, so that I can use the subject field now. Tahnk you for the help

Cheers Paul

Created on Jul 20, 2015 8:33:58 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.