I'm working with PRTG for a few months. I really like the product, it's the best graphical, lean, beatifull monitor product i've seen. But, as always there's room for imprevement. Here are my issues/thoughts:
- Custom advanced scripts / error on 'no data' on previous defined channel
- Custom advanced scripts / option to delete a channel
- Autodiscovery / a must to remediate for new devices, but lacks flexability. Add option to exlude IP's or multiple ranges per device group
- Autodiscovery / remove device/sensor/channel permanently, do not add it whith autodiscovery again, grey listing? (so you can leave auto discovery on to find new device/sensor/channel, but dont add unwanted one's)
- Default templates / It's really strange you can't alter the sensor defaults of the default templates, this way you cant auto-remediate/auto-add without intervention
- Monitoring / There are new open standards which are not or incomplete in PRTG like SMI-S / WBEM / SOAP / CMI-XML . You should focus more on these new standards.
- Support / You just wont do remote session or call. Sometimes it's better to discuss in person instead via e-mail. Requested multiple times, but never got a call.
My 2 cents.