What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

I am trying to use SMS notifications with Bulksms, but they fail.

Votes:

I've opened account at bulksms, I've filled-out the settings in PRTG and always get this error:

Error sending "SMS": Number=+XXXXXXXXXXXX, Message=Password is wrong.

What can I do?

bulksms sms-notification sms-setup

Created on Jul 20, 2015 1:17:47 PM

Last change on Jul 21, 2015 10:44:23 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello sapir, thank you for your contact.

• Ensure that you're running the Latest Stable PRTG Released.
  • Please double check your Notification Delivery settings, are you using any unusual characters in the password?
  • Check if the destination number and the notification was correctly set-up under Notification Settings.
  • Enable the Notification Delivery Debug Log to further determinate the issue.
  • Contact bulksms/check their website/support for further troubleshooting.

Created on Jul 21, 2015 10:53:21 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Did you ever figure this out. I've referenced about a dozen PRTG article about this issue and nothing has been helpful. Keep getting the same error you are.

Created on Aug 29, 2016 8:14:34 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.