What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Is it possible to clone a sensor to multiple devices

Votes:

I am trying to add the same "WMI Service Monitor" Sensor to all the Windows servers devices to monitor if a specific services is running or not. I see the clone feature is one to one and I see where you can do a device template and run auto discovery on all the devices based off that template but when I try to clone one of the devices as a template I don't see that specific sensor in the list of sensors to choose from.

Are there some sensors that can not be added to the device template list? If so do I have any other option other than just cloning the sensor to each server one at a time?

clone multiple-devices sensor

Created on Jul 21, 2015 7:59:23 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello,
if you switch to the "Management" tab you can mark multiple sensors (press ctrl). Now you can drag and drop the marked sensors to a another device. The marked sensors will now be cloned to that device.

Regards
Birk Guttmann

Created on Jul 22, 2015 8:19:29 AM

Votes:

Thank you that is a huge help, it speed up the time it took to add all the sensors compared to cloning them one by one. I still wish there was a better way to do this but I am just happy I don't have to clone them all by hand!

Created on Jul 22, 2015 1:28:17 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.