What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

monitor webapplication in cluster

Votes:

Hello,

I have one web application running on a cluster of 3 servers. I have added these three servers as devices to prtg.

If I add the Perfcounter IIS Application Pool to one of these devices and then stop the pool on that specific server containing the application, prtg will tell me that the web application for that server is down.

But if I stop the site instead of the app pool IIS then prtg will not tell me this. I have also tried it with HTTP sensor but this does'nt work (at least I can't get it to work).

What I want is that prtg tells me when the site on a specific server has stopped working, not on app pool level but on site level.

I hope you understand what I want and mean an can provide me with a solution to fix this problem.

Thank you, Kelvin

prtg site-level web-application

Created on Jul 22, 2015 10:48:59 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

If the web application returns an error code 500 you might use the HTTP Sensors of PRTG:

HTTP Sensor

HTTP Advanced Sensor

They will go to error state if the return code is something out of the 200 range.

If you want to check for more specific error codes, there is a script available which allows you to check for specific HTTP return codes.

Created on Jul 24, 2015 9:29:35 AM by  [email protected]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.