What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

sip options ping - entered username or password is incorrect

Votes:

i am trying out the sip options ping on my freepbx server, i am getting the result "entered username or password is incorrect".

i'm assuming that the sip credentials are a sip extension and secret

i tried command line... C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\Sensor System\SipOptionsPingSensor.exe -ip=192.168.x.x -port=5060 -user=701 -pw=secret

and i get "entered username or password is incorrect".

am i entering the right credentials? any other gotchas with the sip ping option sensor?

password-is-incorrect sip sip-options-ping

Created on Jul 31, 2015 8:03:19 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

i got it working.

prtg should probably make it obvious to the user that the sensor doesn't support pjsip.

observations: credentials are a sip extension and secret (not a root account on the pbx) the extension used to configure the sensor must be set to CHAN_SIP (not CHAN_PJSIP, which is the default on many systems) on my freepbx server, CHAN_SIP is on port 5061, so i configured the sensor accordingly

Created on Aug 4, 2015 1:46:26 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Is there anything else you could enter for this extension as replacement?

Created on Aug 4, 2015 10:54:24 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Accepted Answer

Votes:

i got it working.

prtg should probably make it obvious to the user that the sensor doesn't support pjsip.

observations: credentials are a sip extension and secret (not a root account on the pbx) the extension used to configure the sensor must be set to CHAN_SIP (not CHAN_PJSIP, which is the default on many systems) on my freepbx server, CHAN_SIP is on port 5061, so i configured the sensor accordingly

Created on Aug 4, 2015 1:46:26 PM

Votes:

Nice work! :)

Created on Aug 4, 2015 4:52:15 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.