What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

2012 WMI Terminal Services sessions

Votes:

Hello, is there a way to monitor active terminal session for 2012 ? This sensors does not work with 2012. WMI Terminal Services (Windows 2008) Sensor WMI Terminal Services (Windows XP/Vista/2003) Sensor

thank you regards MArco T

2012 terminalserver wmi

Created on Aug 3, 2015 2:42:43 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hi Marco

I assume you only need the active sessions. There is a batch script which gives you all the active sessions and with the returnvalue of active sessions I used that for a different purpose in the past. You can the use the sensor "exe/script" to get that done.

https://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Plugins/Remote-Access/Count-number-of-terminal-server-sessions/details

depending if you have a Citrix or rdp connections, you have to change "rdp-tcp#" inside the script to "ica-tcp#".

hope that helps.

regards Thomas

Created on Aug 4, 2015 7:09:02 AM

Votes:

The WMI Terminal Services (Win2008+) sensor should work on Win 2012 Terminal Server as well!

Created on Aug 4, 2015 8:14:11 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Last change on Aug 4, 2015 8:14:26 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Indeed, i just tested it and it works for Server 2012 RDS hosts as well. maybe Firewalled or WMI requests blocked.

try" winrm quickconfig" in the commandline on the server. maybe that helps.

Created on Aug 4, 2015 10:59:15 AM

Votes:

And check https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/1043-my-wmi-sensors-don-t-work-what-can-i-do if you still have trouble to monitor that 2012 Server

Created on Aug 4, 2015 11:04:11 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.