What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

H3C OIDs CPU and Memory

Votes:

Hello,

I have a Switch core from vendor H3C so I'm trying monitor CPU and Memory from it.

I have got the MIB OIDs from hp site and I converted them with "Paessler MIB Importer"

I created a sensor to monitor CPU but it's very confused because when I'm going the add a sensor appear many entry ( about 300 ) for me choose them. it's similar my core had 300 CPUs so I have chosen monitor only 10 from that but never appear any change on theses sensors. the same issue occur when I going add Memory sensor.

I wonder how to monitor CPU and Memory for H3C core switch ?

How can I send the graphic sensors for you ? maybe you can get understand better.

Thanks

h3c mib prtg14 snmp-custom-sensor snmp-library snmp-sensor

Created on Aug 3, 2015 7:27:36 PM

Last change on Aug 4, 2015 1:34:31 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello maiconlp, a good way for to check what is happening is to perform a Walk with our SNMP Tester:

Please download our SNMP Tester (https://www.paessler.com/tools/snmptester), run it on the PRTG Host (or host of the Remote Probe), and perform a "Walk" against the target device providing the "1.3.6.1.4.1" OID (without quotes) as parameter. (Please note that if the walk is lengthy the tester will appear to hang during the test, it will become responsive as soon as the walk finishes).

Please let us know once you have both the MIB and the logfile from the SNMP Walk above, that way we can try to understand what is happening.

You may also contact us by e-mail (Opening a support ticket), please mention this KB article if doing so.

Created on Aug 4, 2015 1:34:12 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Monitor the CPU and memory configuration of the H3C switch:Check the cpu usage rate of the switch and find that there are three values. The last 5 seconds, 1 minute, and 5 minutes respectively.

CPU OID for five seconds: 1.3.6.1.4.1.25506.2.6.1.1.1.1.6.212
CPU OID for one minute: 1.3.6.1.4.1.25506.2.6.1.1.1.1.33.212
CPU OID for five minutes: 1.3 .6.1.4.1.25506.2.6.1.1.1.1.34.212

Reference : https://blog.csdn.net/zdl244/article/details/105311303

Created on Nov 13, 2021 9:59:48 AM

Last change on Nov 15, 2021 7:17:54 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.