What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Increase size of custom map image

Votes:

I want to create a map that has the floor plan of our building and show our printers' physical locations on the map. I've added the floor plan as a JPEG image to webroot/mapicons/iconset8. The original image's size in the iconset8 folder is 1308x1111, but the map designer will only let me make the image about 880x740. I can physically drag the resizer on the bottom right to make the image larger, but the container is the only thing that grows, the images stays the max size. I can shrink the image, but cannot grow it larger than the 880x740 size.

Anyway to make it larger?

custom-icon custom-map maps size

Created on Aug 6, 2015 2:15:09 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

when you go into the settings of a map, under Map Layout you can change the width and hight of the map to values of your liking. Adjust the size of your map and then your complete floor plan will fit.

see also

https://www.paessler.com/support/how-to/map-designer

Created on Aug 7, 2015 7:13:13 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Last change on Jul 13, 2021 12:20:09 PM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

Votes:

I've got the width/height of the map itself set to 1920x1200, which is much larger than the floor plan. I did try changing the width/height of the map but the floor plan image would grow no larger than 880x740.

Created on Aug 7, 2015 12:34:54 PM

Votes:

Hello,

use your floor plane image as a background for the map

This can be selected in the map settings as well.

Created on Aug 10, 2015 6:46:57 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.