What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

VMware vCenter 6.0 power supply issue

Votes:

Hello!

I have installed last PRTG Network Monitor 15.3.17.2995+ release on Windows 2012 and connected it to our VMware vCenter 6.0.
The "Auto-Discovery" process has been finished successfully, and PRTG found that one of our ESXi servers has trouble with power supply.

It shows this by following message:

Error. 2 elements return an error state: Power Supply 1: Off Line-Disabled; Power Supply 1 Power Supply 1: Failure status --- Assert

I checked "Hardware Status" page at vCenter and found nothing. Can you explain how this can be and how can I resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

esxi6 power prtg15 vmware6

Created on Aug 7, 2015 7:25:48 AM

Last change on Aug 7, 2015 9:06:37 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

6 Replies

Votes:

Hi

Have you tried deleting the ILO and IML LOG of the server? Usually that helps.

regards Thomas

Created on Aug 7, 2015 8:18:38 AM

Votes:

Thanks for reply. Yes, I tried this option. Nothing is changed.

Created on Aug 7, 2015 8:57:42 AM

Votes:

Dear Aleksey

Some devices list a hardware component, which is not actually present. These can be filtered out manually. Please have a look at this article.

The content of the filter file would be in your case

Power Supply 1: Off Line-Disabled; Power Supply 1 Power Supply 1: Failure status --- Assert

Created on Aug 7, 2015 9:14:09 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Aleksey

Is there a second Powersupply installed on the server? Also Have you updated the Firmware of that HP server to the newest version?

Sorry to ask but you are sure there are no error when connecting to ILO and the iLO Event Log and the Integrated Management Log is empty?

I had the same after an Update of PRTG because Hp changed the MIB's and I had to clear all the logs to get the overall state to green. (Had an additional controller in it with no Harddrives attached)

regards Thomas

Created on Aug 7, 2015 9:28:51 AM

Votes:

Sorry for long delay with answer.

Second power supply is installed. And there are no errors when connecting to ILO and the iLO Event Log and the Integrated Management Log is empty.

But I rebooted ESXi server and then everything worked as it should.

Thanks for your support and participation.

Created on Aug 17, 2015 8:53:02 AM

Votes:

Had the same error message as well, solution was to reboot. Thanks!

Created on Mar 15, 2018 3:45:15 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.