What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Change channel order

Votes:

Hello, I am monitoring ESXi servers using VmWare Host Performance Sensor.
It contains many usefull channels, but I have limited space in Map for Status Icon "Channel Gauges Small", so I can see only 5 gauges (out of 12).
How can I choose which 5 channes will be shown? The primary channel is always first, but what about the rest?

When I add Status Icon item into the map I see:

• Memory Consumption,
  • CPU Usage,
  • Datastore total Read Latency,
  • Datastore total Write Latency,
  • Disk Read. But I would like to have Network Usage instead of Disk Read. I could hide channels in Sensor Overview to reduce number of gauges to 5 , but I want to see all gauges at Sensor Overview page.

channel gauges map

Created on Aug 7, 2015 7:50:15 AM

Last change on Aug 7, 2015 8:08:12 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Antonin Liska, we appreciate your inquiry.

Since you've already said that hidding those channels from tables isn't an option, I'm afraid there isn't any other workaround. Have you considered using a graph instead of the gauges? The graph would be a bit "crowded" but you'd see all channel's data.

Are you interested in the values of the channels or do you need to keep a close eye on the values a channel goes to high or too low? In that case you could use limits and a status icon that would let you know if any of the sensor's channels goes above or below a predefined channel limits.

Please also bear in mind that all sensor's channels can be queried over PRTG's HTTP API, you could use external resources to display those channels in any form that you like. It's even possible to create an XML Sensor that will query PRTG's own API to display any single channel of a sensor.

Best Regards,

Created on Aug 7, 2015 8:24:16 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.