What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Fritz!Box LTE monitoring on PRTG

Votes:

i have a Fritz!Box 6842 LTE and after 30 GB Traffic Vodafone reduces the LTE-Speed from 50 Mbit to 384 kbit.

Know i want to monitor the used traffic for this month and the useable (50 Mbit before and 384kbit after the Trafficlimit) LTE-(Download-)Speed to get an information-mail when i am reaching the trafficlimit and Vodafone is switching my useable Speed to 384 kbit/s.

I know the WAN-Sensor for the Fritzbox, but i do not want to monitor the actually used Download/Upload-Speed....

fritz-box lte prtg

Created on Aug 7, 2015 10:14:57 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi,

The FRITZ!Box sensors collection on PRTG Tools Family has been extended with the FritzOnlineMeterXML sensor.

This sensor returns the counters from the "Internet -> Online Monitor -> Online Meter" page of your FRITZ!Box and includes this months total used traffic

The sensor can be added as a EXE/Script Advanced Sensor and takes the following parameters, to be entered in the Parameters section of the Sensor Settings

-h= DNS name or IP of the FRITZ!Box 
 -u= The username to connect to your FRITZ!Box (if any). 
 -p= The password to connect to your FRITZ!Box. 

For eaxmple:

-h=192.168.178.1 -p=1234

You can download the sensor here.

Created on Aug 10, 2015 12:05:50 PM

Votes:

Realy cool!

But the "Current Month Total"-channel only shows 0 kbyte :-(

The other channels works perfect!

Any idea?

Created on Aug 10, 2015 6:39:48 PM

Votes:

Hi,

Unfortunately I do not have your exact FRITZ!Box model to test the sensor with. Testing it with a few other models seems to work however.

Can you please send an email to mailto:[email protected] alowing us to exchange some debug info?

Created on Aug 11, 2015 9:53:01 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.