What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Have Freeware Version but only 30 Sensors

Votes:

I have the freeware version (originally came with 30 sensors) and when I log into the console setup license screen its shows that I have "Number of Sensors 100." However, from the web interface I only have (of 30) sensors available to add. I had the original freeware version that only allowed 30 sensors, so for some reason the software isn't recognizing the 100 available sensors. What do I need to do to have the 100 sensors available?

Thanks

enterprise-console licensing prtg

Created on Aug 7, 2015 5:37:20 PM

7 Replies

Votes:

Hi there,

Which version are you currently using? Please update to the latest version using the Free Installer. This will also restart your Core Server Service and unlock the 100 sensors.

Best regards

Created on Aug 10, 2015 4:27:05 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have the product set to auto-upgrade, so was already at the current version, but I downloaded and reinstalled based on your recommendation. I still had the issue.

For the benefit of others that may have this problem, however, I discovered that there is a configurable setting so an admin can limit the number of available sensors for a particular group (Group | Settings | NUMBER OF SENSORS LIMITATION). This had been set to 30 (probably from the original 30 license install) so I changed it to 100 and fixed the issue! Your product is awesome and I think a great model for other companies to allow small players to pay as they grow. So glad I discovered it. Thank you and best regards.

Created on Aug 10, 2015 3:44:37 PM

Votes:

Wow, thanks for that great feedback, we really appreciate it! Enjoy the 100 sensors! :)

Best regards

Created on Aug 11, 2015 6:08:34 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks for your nice feedback!

Dirk Paessler Founder & CEO

Created on Aug 11, 2015 6:48:17 AM by  Dirk Paessler [Founder Paessler AG] (11,025) 3 6

Votes:

Rochebri,

Which version did you use prior to the update? We want to have a look why exactly the restriction of 30 sensors was configured in the group settings. If you do not remember the previous version number, we would really appreciate if you could forward a support bundle via "Setup > Contact Support" so that we can check the log files. Please refer to this knowledge base article. Thanks again!

Best regards, Felix

Created on Aug 11, 2015 7:03:29 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi All,

I just have the same issue as I just updated my PRTG (I have the freeware version (originally came with 30 sensors) to latest version PRTG Network Monitor 16.4.28.7421 and it now shows "Number of Sensors: 30" even I have 100 sensors at the beginning setup (a long time ago).

How can I get back PRTG free version with 100 sensors as before?

Regards, Huan

Created on Jan 1, 2017 3:33:36 PM

Votes:

Hello Newcomer01,

Please forward a support bundle via the "Setup > Contact Support" form by referring to this KB post.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Jan 2, 2017 10:00:27 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.