What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Aggregate interfaces for load reporting

Votes:

I have 8 ECMP (equal cost multi-path interfaces) interfaces connected to a router that I can see without any issues.

Is there any way to create an aggregate report on just these 8 interfaces? I want a total bytes in and total bytes out for the entire 8 ports.

They are not reported by the switch as any type of aggregate so it would be an external calculation.

aggregate aggregated ecmp factory-sensor interface sensorfactory sum

Created on Aug 11, 2015 1:14:47 AM

Last change on Aug 11, 2015 6:42:01 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello afeind, we appreciate your inquiry.

To create aggregated reports, you'll need to create an 'aggregated' sensor. For that you can use our Sensor Factory Sensor: this sensor is a powerful tool that allows you to create your own sensor with channels based on data from other sensors. You can define one or more channels using formulas that combine monitoring results from other sensors.

Please check this KB article for instructions:
KB: Help from Sensor Factory sensor (See Sum of Channels)

Best regards,

Created on Aug 11, 2015 6:40:12 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.