What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Support for BES

Votes:

Is there support to specifically monitor BES to make sure it is running properly?

bes blackberry probes

Created on Jul 9, 2010 6:55:01 PM

6 Replies

Votes:

I'm afraid there isn't.

Created on Jul 12, 2010 12:28:16 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Will support be added in the new version of PRTG? I have found a way to use WMI to monitor the BES queue, however, the problem is, it gives me the total number for pending packets (for all users). This isn't accurate because if someone has their Blackberry turned off or is out of reception, the pending packets could increase above our set threshold when there isn't really a problem.

Can you think of a way to monitor BES to know if it is actually working? Recently we had it stop working, but the service was still running. The only reason we could tell it was broken was because multiple users had high numbers of pending packets (and we got some phone calls from users).

I was thinking of monitoring there server by alerting us if 80% of the users go over 100 pending packets for example, however, I can't find a way to monitor individual users queues...

Created on Sep 2, 2010 4:01:15 PM

Votes:

I am sorry, but also for the near future releases of PRTG 8 no support for BES monitoring is planned.

Created on Sep 2, 2010 4:22:39 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

@zbrantley:

How did you manage to find the total BES queue? What WMI sensor did you use?

Thanks!

Created on Feb 11, 2012 12:42:25 AM

Votes:

@zbrantley: I would like to know this as well

Created on Feb 22, 2013 6:44:04 PM

Votes:

Regarding PRTG on BlackBerry: It is possible to use our old Android client PRTGdroid on your BB10 phone and on your Playbook with OS 2.0 or later. For detailed instructions, please see this article.

Created on Oct 22, 2013 9:24:30 AM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.