What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Remote Probe and WMI Help

Votes:

I have WMI ports and other suggest ports open on the local network on the firewall and remote prob workstation (windows 7). I also have the same ports open on the cloud firewall where the PRTG server is hosted.

I've even done these steps here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa822854%28VS.85%29.aspx

WMI is open on the windows firewall on windows 7. The PRTG server can see the WMI services on the remote prob, but all the other workstations on the network only show PING nodes.

Anyone have an idea of what I'm doing wrong?

prtg prtgwmi remote-probe wmi-

Created on Aug 14, 2015 4:55:25 AM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Remote probe should be on same Domain as local one..... Checked it?

Created on Mar 13, 2016 8:06:47 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.