What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Bandwidth and Traffic monitoring

Votes:

Hi Paessler,

i have some questions on how to set up bandwidth and traffic monitoring in our environment. We have 2 Netgear GSM7248R switches and a MS TMG firewall with 3 ports Internal, External and Guest network.

I monitor the total bandwidth with an WMI sensor in our firewall, this monitors all the ports with the total trafic.

what would be the best way to monitor the kind of traffic and what the source of the traffic is so we can monitor bandwidth leaks on our environment.

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks in advanced!

Dylan

bandwidth prtg wmi

Created on Aug 17, 2015 12:17:03 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi Dnavis,

You can use the Packet Sniffer Sensor for each interface of your TMG firewall to get more detailed traffic information. You will need to install a Remote Probe on this system in order to add the sensor.

For more detailed information, you can have a look at this Video Tutorial

Best regards, Felix

Created on Aug 18, 2015 1:05:14 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.