What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Items limit on map ("Up Sensors" data table)

Votes:

Hi, I'm using a map with object Data Table --> Up Sensors added. There is a group of devices pointed to this object on the map. But I've figured out, that the list displays only 50 objects - when I add the next devices to the group, they don't show on the list. Is there indeed such limit configured and is any possibility to change it?

Best Regards Marcin

data-table limit maps

Created on Aug 19, 2015 10:34:48 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Dear marcink137

The "Up sensors" map object's file name is tableA2.htm, usually located in C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\webroot\mapobjects

Please save it under a new file name and open it in a text editor.

Please change the first line, for example from

<!--Data Tables: UP Sensors-->

to

<!--Data Tables: UP Sensors Custom-->

In the htm file, you find a block of properties, which ends like this:

content="sensors"
    columns="sensor,status,lastvalue,minigraph,priority,favorite,probegroupdevice,message"
    sortby="probegroupdevice"
    infoheader="false"
    links="false"
    sortable="false"
    varexpand="tabletitle"
    tabletitle="@tabletitle"
    filter_tags="@tag(<@tagfilterstring>)"
    filter_status="3"

Below filter_status="3", please add this line

count=100

This expands the table to 100 entries. Other values are of course possible as well. To show all sensors, use count=* but please be advised that this can have a serious effect on the performance and is not officially supported.

Created on Aug 20, 2015 12:08:43 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Super, this is exactly that, what I looked for. Thanks for the tip and for your great product !

Best Regard Marcin

Created on Aug 24, 2015 8:04:22 AM

Votes:

This is good information. Is there a way to reverse the sort order or to have a user selectable sort?

Created on Jul 1, 2016 9:11:50 PM

Votes:

Dear Tom

Interactive sorting is not supported for maps, the sorting should be defined in the map object itself. Putting a minus sign in front of the sort label reverses its order. Not all combinations result in a useful output though.

Created on Jul 4, 2016 8:38:21 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.