What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Logical linkage of sensors for service monitoring

Votes:

We want to monitor services (so the service mail i.e.). For this I'm looking for an idea how to combine the status of multiple sensors to give me one status. An easy example: the service is mail. If the transport service on one of my CAS servers is down and the system disk on my mailbox server is down, I want the sensor to be down. If the disk on my mailbox server is not on error but one cas is down, I want it to be on up status.

My service in total will be more complex than my example, but is there an other way to do it besides using a sensor factory sensor, so some kind of logic sensor or an other custom sensor?

Thank you in advance.

linkage logic service-monitoring

Created on Aug 20, 2015 12:36:07 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Except for a custom script that gathers those metrics and puts them into one sensor, the factory sensor would be the way to go.

Created on Aug 21, 2015 12:03:06 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Last change on Aug 21, 2015 12:03:31 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.