What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

New Custom SNMP Table (beta) sensor

Votes:

Hello guys and girls,

This isn't really a question but rather a remark on the new custon snmp table sensor you guys put into the latest release of PRTG.

We have got this working for our ASA firewalls. It monitors the amount of connections used by it. The sensor is working great! Love the new feature. But i found a bug in the new beta sensor and i wanted to share this with you.

When you create the custom table sensor and apply a name to it, when your done and click finish it resets the name to the IOD value and i need to change it manually again in order to display the text that i want it to have.

Regards, Roy

beta sensor snmp

Created on Aug 26, 2015 6:05:19 AM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Thank you very much for your supportive feedback.

You are absolutely right and we're going to change this behavior in PRTG 15.x.19

Created on Aug 26, 2015 9:51:30 AM by  Johannes Herrmann [Paessler Support] (1,360) 2 2

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.