What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

In ping reports - where are the uptime thresholds set?

Votes:

When I run a graph-only report on a ping sensor, the small table that accompanies it has a line called "uptime stats". This line shows the percent uptime/downtime and gives a colour indicator - red, orange, green. Where, within PRTG Monitor, are the settings that allow me to alter the thresholds that determine the colour?

So what I'm asking is... if I want to have a report on a ping sensor, where the uptime colour changes from green to orange(or red) when uptime falls below 99.5%, where would I set this? (Thanks :)

ping reports uptime

Created on Aug 26, 2015 12:22:53 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Greetings, we appreciate your inquiry.

Within ( Setup > System Administrations > Monitoring ) you can define the Desired Minimum Uptime (Default value = 99.9, goes as low as 90%).
This setting influences the colors shown in reports. If the uptime or number of good requests falls below this value, the sensor will go through different shades of red.

Best Regards,

Created on Aug 28, 2015 6:19:27 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Last change on Dec 3, 2015 3:50:01 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Hi - thats what i was looking for - thanks! :)

Created on Aug 28, 2015 12:18:37 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.