Any help is appreciated,
I'm trying to setup PRTG to monitor out NetVanta router which supports SNMP.
I have downloaded the MIBs, converted them to the oidlib format and currently testing it against the Paessler SNMP Tester.
On the router side, I have enabled SNMP and set a Community String. What's interesting is that the router interface is not requiring me to select the SNMP version until I create a TRAP service in a separate page.
On the client side, I have turned off my Kaspersky Firewall, Windows Firewall, and testing with the SNMP tester.
Using a SNMP v1 in the tester I keep getting the 2003 error for both oidlib file and single OIDs I have extracted from that file.
The thing is, the router Statistics for SNMP indicates an increment every time I send out a test packet. But it also increases the number of Bad Community Names. I have changed and updated my community name and double checked and still get the same error.
Does this indicate that my SNMP packets reach the device successfully or the problem could still reside in the path to the device and being blocked by a Firewall, closed port, etc.