What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Why do alarm email notifications redirect to the mobile site?

Votes:

In our email notifications, the links in the footer to acknowledge alarm, pause, etc. redirect to the mobile version of the site (e.g. https://prtgserver.url/m/...)

I have reset the email notify template by saving it with a single * character, but the code is still the same. Relevant bits of code in the HTML template below. Is this intentional? I would expect the web server part of PRTG to redirect to a mobile site automatically if it sees a mobile browser user-agent, and the links in the base notify template should point to the default site header.

<td style="padding:2px 4px 4px 4px;">Sensor Actions</td>
<td style="padding:2px 4px 4px 0px;">
<a href="%homem/scannow.htm?id=%sensorid&amp;action=0&amp;targeturl=/m/sensor.htm?id=%sensorid">Check Now</a><br>
<a href="%homem/acknowledgealarm.htm?id=%sensorid&amp;ackmsg=Acknowledged+via+email&amp;targeturl=/m/sensor.htm?id=%sensorid">Acknowledge Alarm...</a><br>
<a href="%homem/pause.htm?id=%sensorid&amp;action=0&amp;targeturl=/m/sensor.htm?id=%sensorid">Pause</a><br>
<a href="%homem/pauseobjectfor.htm?id=%sensorid&amp;duration=5&amp;targeturl=/m/sensor.htm?id=%sensorid">Pause for 5 minutes</a><br>
<a href="%homem/pauseobjectfor.htm?id=%sensorid&amp;duration=60&amp;targeturl=/m/sensor.htm?id=%sensorid">Pause for 60 minutes</a><br>
<a href="%homem/pauseobjectfor.htm?id=%sensorid&amp;duration=1440&amp;targeturl=/m/sensor.htm?id=%sensorid">Pause for 24 hours</a><br>
<a href="%homem/pause.htm?id=%sensorid&amp;action=1&amp;targeturl=/m/sensor.htm?id=%sensorid">Resume</a>
</td>
<td style="padding:2px 4px 4px 0px;" bgcolor="#dddddd">&nbsp;</td>

mobile prtg web-interface

Created on Sep 2, 2015 4:56:19 PM

Last change on Sep 3, 2015 4:50:47 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

6 Replies

Votes:

Greetings Adam,
The default template for notifications does indeed redirect to the mobile interface.

This is performed by the %homem placeholder. To have the links to the regular AJAX interface, replace all occurrences of %homem with %home.

You can review the following KB article for the complete list of placeholders:
What placeholders can I use with PRTG?

Best Regards,

Created on Sep 3, 2015 7:06:09 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Can we modify the default email notification template in our installation, instead of having to edit the template on every instance of a notification?

Thanks.

Created on Sep 3, 2015 12:26:21 PM

Votes:

Hello Adam,

Unfortunately that's not possible.
But you can edit one single notification and clone-it as many times you want to create new e-mail delivery based notifications, that way they will have the same template as the one that you've configured.

Created on Sep 3, 2015 1:52:01 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

I tried replacing the %homem variables in the notification body with %home, but the resulting links in the email notification do not seem to work. Does something need to be changed with the "targeturl" in the string as well? I get the following links in the email body after changing to %home references:

https://[siteurl]//pause.htm?id=3112&action=0&targeturl=/m/sensor.htm?id=3112

Instead of the default:

https://[siteurl]/m/pause.htm?id=3112&action=0&targeturl=/m/sensor.htm?id=3112

When going to the first link, I receive a "Not Found" error.

Created on Sep 8, 2015 7:21:31 PM

Votes:

Dear Adam

Normally, %home is just replaced with the webserver URL, without having two / instead of one / as URL delimiter.

Please contact us via [email protected]. Please describe the issue and include your entire email subject string in that email.

Created on Sep 9, 2015 11:59:14 AM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Last change on Sep 9, 2015 12:33:07 PM by  Arne Seifert [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Just adding the steps I received from support to redirect all of the references in the notification emails to the full site vs. mobile. [Using v16.2.24.4666]

• Use something like Notepad++ [Search > Find in Files or CTRL+SHIFT+F] to find and replace all references for the txt and htm files located here: X:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\webroot\mailtemplates
  • Find: /m/ Replace with: /
  • Find: %homem Replace with: %home
  • Once all of the changes are saved restart the 'PRTG Core Server Service' service and all of the links in the HTML notifications will send you to the full site.

Created on Jul 6, 2016 1:39:50 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.