What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can your program spy my son by me? If yes, without physical contact for installation?

Votes:

Hello .. good evening! First, I would like to know if this monitoring program can allow me to spy on my child on the Internet. If yes, how the installation works? Can I install the program without physical contact with the computer that only my son uses? He has internet via WiFi connection to my internet... I'm sorry by my basic English, I am Brazilian.

Best regards, Renan Ruas

installation network-monitoring spy-program

Created on Sep 3, 2015 2:17:16 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Renan, we appreciate your inquiry.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with Networking Infrastructure and Protocols and I'm presuming that you're referring to a Domestic Network.

PRTG can handle Netflow and other similar flow protocols, that can tell you to which hosts (both internet and Local) he's IP address is mostly communicating with, but I'm not aware of consumer-grade products that offer support for Flow export and even so this solution has some limitations(Can't check URL, content, etc).

PRTG is designed as an Unified Monitoring solution, it is not a surveillance or similar software even though some of it features permit it to some extent.

We appreciate your interest.

Best Regards,

Created on Sep 3, 2015 6:54:10 AM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Last change on Feb 15, 2017 2:15:58 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.