What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I calculate uptime % using data from PRTG?

Votes:

I am trying to set up a way to calculate the percent of the time that my servers are available. This is being used to compare against a SLA as a measure of performance. I would like to be able to say that over a certain period, my servers were available 99.7% of the time (or whatever the value is).

prtg system-uptime uptime uptime-stats

Created on Sep 3, 2015 8:35:40 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

So you want to calculate uptime accumulated for all sensors of a device?

Created on Sep 4, 2015 12:15:36 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I would like to be able to calculate how long my server has been available as a percentage of a total period of time. In other words, if I was looking at a 10 minute window, and my server was available for 9 of those minutes, my uptime percent would be 90%.

What is the best way to do this through PRTG?

Created on Sep 4, 2015 4:18:01 PM

Votes:

You could use the reporting feature for that which has built in report templates for that :) Either use the the ping sensor only for it or add all sensors of a server to the report.

Further information about the reports can be found in the manual: https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/reports

If that's not what you're after, let me know :)

Created on Sep 7, 2015 6:19:33 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.