What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Spike filter or deleting one bad value on calculated sensor

Votes:

Hello, I would like to delete one bad value on a calculated sensor or set the spike filter on a calculated sensor.

The sensor calculates PUE values for datacenters and it should not be possible to have this value below value 1.

Due to restarting the paessler server the program has calculated an value of 0.87

I really want this value out of the graph because it makes the whole sensor useless and has a lot history already.

Can someone please help?

Thanks in advance!

The version we have running: PRTG Network Monitor 15.3.18.3615 x64

calculated-sensor-based-on-different-sen deleting-a-value spike-filter

Created on Sep 8, 2015 8:02:20 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hello Koen,

Yes, you can set a Spike Filter in the regarding channel of the sensor, see also How can I delete a record in data log history?
Kind regards,
Erhard

Created on Sep 8, 2015 2:33:26 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Last change on Sep 8, 2015 2:34:14 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello Erhard,

Because the sensor I was talking about is an Factory sensor (self made/ calculated based on several other SNMP values) I really could not get an Spike filter on the sensor.

I did however solve it now by cloning the factory sensor (the calculated PUE sensor) just to see what was going to happen. In the history of the sensor I could not find the 0.87 value so I thought the sensor might just need a refresh.

After a few minutes all the history of the original sensor was added to the clone and I have deleted the original one now.

The cloned sensor does not have the bad value below 1 anymore as minimum value.

Hopefully someone else can use this trick too.

With regards,

Koen Terwijn ALL IT Rooms Datacenter Engineer

Created on Sep 9, 2015 1:10:27 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.