What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Use html in group comments

Votes:

Can we use html links in group/device comments? So we can have them show up in our email notifications?

I tried to use < values in the comment but PRTG replaces them with {.

comments email notifications

Created on Sep 10, 2015 9:27:53 PM

9 Replies

Votes:

Hi,

The brackets < and > will indeed be replaced by curly brackets due to security reasons and so the comment section cannot be used to forward html links, sorry.

Best regards, Felix

Created on Sep 11, 2015 12:20:32 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Do you have a suggestion to use something generic (in a group or device) that can be hyperlinked in a notification email?

Cheers, Ton

Created on Sep 13, 2015 11:18:24 PM

Votes:

Hi Ton,

You could use the Service URL field with the %serviceurl placeholder in the device settings.

Regards, Felix

Created on Sep 14, 2015 5:22:21 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Can you change this to a feature request?

The content I wanted to include had deeplinks to drawings in our intranet, and they would be generic for the groups of devices, not a specific device.

Cheers,

Ton

Created on Sep 15, 2015 12:46:24 AM

Votes:

Hi,

I will add this to our internal wish list. Let's see if some more community members also request this feature. Feel free to place your vote here.

Cheers, Felix

Created on Sep 15, 2015 4:30:48 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

I am looking for a similar solution to this so have upvoted Felix's reply from Sept 15th

We would like to add hyperlinks to specific knowledge base pages providing the operator with direct instructions about what to do if a sensor enters a warning or alert state.

Helpfully, we have noticed that if the comments are sent out as part of a notication email, they are hyperlinked.

I would like them ideally to be hyperlinked whilst already browsing the comments tab inside PRTG.

Thanks, Tom

Created on May 25, 2016 2:49:41 PM

Votes:

Hi, i'm also giving this an upvote. The Security Topic is nice - but as an Administrator I should be able to disable this. We use the Tool internal only and this feature would be nice also.

If this is not possible It would be nice if paessler could modify the rules. If in the comment I just have the > sign, there is no code starting it's just a bigger than sign and this should not be changed. The modify rules should allow such a sign.

Also please show an Message if you are replacing my text that I wanted to enter.

Created on Jun 7, 2016 2:57:03 PM

Votes:

Need this Also. Any News on this?

Created on Jan 9, 2018 3:49:17 PM

Votes:

Hi Albert,

As there was not much traction from this, this got denied I'm afraid. Sorry!

Kind regards,
Stephan Linke, Tech Support Team

Created on Jan 9, 2018 4:10:14 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.