What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Zoom Level on Geo-Maps

Votes:

Is there any way to get the Geo-Maps to allow to zooming in another 1 or two levels? The mapping feature of PRTG is FANTASTIC for us, but we have areas where devices are close together and the default max zoom level of the geo-maps will not separate them enough for us to get a good look at what we need. Just didn't know if this was possible.

geo-map map zoom

Created on Sep 11, 2015 2:35:49 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Yes, it is possible to tweak the zoom levels a little bit:

• Open this file in a text editor: <PRTG Install Directory>\webroot\javascript\scripts_custom.js
  • Add this line to the file and save it (bear in mind that texteditor needs elevated rights for saving): _Prtg.Options.geomapZoomLevels=18; Reload the page using Ctrl+F5, so that JavaScript is also being reloaded instead of using cached scripts.

Kind regards,
    Erhard

Created on Sep 15, 2015 12:22:09 PM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Votes:

THANK YOU SO MUCH! This is perfect. I can can now zoom in far enough to see exactly what I need to see. Thanks again.

Created on Sep 17, 2015 9:16:50 PM

Votes:

It didn’t work for me. Is it depreciated in newer versions? Also, the only file I could find that resembled the file mentioned here, was ‘scripts_custom_v2.js’.

I even tried to set it to ‘_Prtg.Options.geomapZoomLevels=200;’ but it had no effect.

Regards

Created on Feb 21, 2022 2:51:15 PM

Votes:

Yes, customizing is deprecated and unsupported by now. We cannot guarantee any customization to still work with the latest versions. Also have a look here: https://kb.paessler.com/en/topic/78334

Created on Feb 22, 2022 2:24:04 PM by  Timo Dambach [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.