What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Help with Sensor Infoormation

Votes:

I am using PRTG to monitor our network to see if it is worth the investment in the full product. I like the information it can give on CPU usage and memory et cetera, but when it comes to switch's and SNMP monitors it doesn't seem to give any information that I can find, and I might be missing a lot, that could point me into a direction to look for a cause.

I have a sensor setup to monitor a Cisco 3750x Switch stack and one of the servers attached to a part had a connection issue that was called it. I looked at the log for that server and this is what I see for the port that the server is plugged into:

You can see from the monitor log that it shows an error, but it gives me nothing to determine what the cause was. Was it the switch, the port, something plugged into it, nothing, at least as far as I can tell.

9/17/2015 7:44:37 AM Error 13,899 kbit/s Error 146 kbit/s Error 13,752 kbit/s Error 205 #/s Error 1,146 #/s Error 0.23 #/s Error 2 #/s Error 0.02 #/s Error 5 #/s Error 0 #/s Error 0 #/s Error 0 #/s Error 0 #/s Error 0 #/s Error 100 %

How can something like that help me other than to tell me something happened and at what time.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

cisco error snmp

Created on Sep 17, 2015 2:46:37 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello Metuckness,

Please have a look at my answer Here.

If you want to dig deeper into this error message, please forward some screenshots showing the

• Sensor's Settings Page
  • Sensor's Overview Page

If those settings are private, you can also forward the results to [email protected] by referring to this Knowledge Base post.

Best Regards, Felix

Created on Sep 18, 2015 3:45:41 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.