What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Remote probe not connecting to PRTG core server

Votes:

I have followed all the steps mentioned here (https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/remote_probe_setup) & here (https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/remote_probe_quick_install), have even opened the port 23560 in my firewall for all incoming connections, NO LUCK..... PLEASSE HELP !

remote-probe remote-probe-install remoteprobe

Created on Sep 18, 2015 1:13:18 PM

6 Replies

Votes:

Did you check the access keys to be correct on both sides?

Created on Sep 21, 2015 9:06:57 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes the access keys are SAME at both the sides, PRTG Application and port 23560 is allowed on the Firewall to communicate outside , on both the sides......

Stuck on this issue since 15 days, tried all possible ways.....

Please Help :-(

Created on Sep 21, 2015 9:59:37 AM

Votes:

Okay, we'll need logs then - can you send a mail to [email protected] to open a new ticket? Please attach the Logs (System) folder from the remote probe; it's located under C:\ProgramData\Paessler\PRTG Network Monitor.

Created on Sep 21, 2015 10:53:26 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Logs have been sent ,Ticket is open since 11 /9/2015, Even they are not able to help me.

Created on Sep 21, 2015 11:03:59 AM

Votes:

Can you tell me the ticket number?

Created on Sep 21, 2015 12:06:55 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Well, I agree that it took some time, but you didn't reply until last Friday, hence we didn't know what the status quo on your side is :/

Created on Sep 21, 2015 1:06:13 PM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.