What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Notification Tags are not working

Votes:

Hey,

I'm running PRTG v15.3.19.3972 and got a problem with notifications filtering. First I added some tags to notifications, after that I tried to filter these by the tag, but its not working. It shows an empty field like there are no notifications with that tag. I tried this with different notifications and tags and it shows always the same result.

Is this a bug which will be fixed in the next updates or am i just doing something wrong?

Regards
Birk Guttmann

filter notifications tags

Created on Sep 22, 2015 8:04:48 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi Birk,

Did you try to enter those tags in the global search option at the upper right corner, or where exactly did you try to filter for this tag?

Gruß, Felix

Created on Sep 23, 2015 12:08:50 PM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Felix,

Setup -> Account settings -> Notifications
The textfield for tags ("Show notifications tagged with") isnt working as it should. Tried it on 3 different installations, always with the same behavior.
Thx in advance

Grüße
Birk

Created on Sep 23, 2015 12:39:09 PM

Votes:

Hi Birk,

The tags used in the notification settings are indeed buggy. I opened a developer case to address this issue. Thanks for the reporting!

Gruß, Felix

Created on Sep 24, 2015 9:30:03 AM by  Felix Saure [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.