What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Can I use PRTG for iOS on my Apple Watch?

Votes:

I use the PRTG for iOS app on my iPhone / iPad / iPod. Can I use the PRTG for iOS app also on my Apple Watch?

app apple apple-watch mobile prtg prtg-for-ios wearable

Created on Sep 24, 2015 8:42:36 AM by  Martina Wittmann [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This article applies to PRTG for iOS 15.3.12 and PRTG Network Monitor 14.4.13 or later

PRTG on Your Wrist: PRTG on the Apple Watch

Paessler’s free mobile apps connect your mobile device to your PRTG installation. This means you save a lot of time because you can check your network and execute monitoring tasks from anywhere!

And, what’s more, PRTG’s mobile apps do not only support smartphones or tablets, but also wearables. The Apple Watch is part of the mobile network monitoring with PRTG.

Currently, we support notifications (including push notifications), glances and interaction with the watch app itself.

What You Need

The following devices and software versions are the basics for your mobile network monitoring using the Apple Watch.

• An iPhone 5 or newer having PRTG for iOS installed (minimum requirement: PRTG for iOS version 15.3.12 and iOS version 8.2)
  • An Apple Watch (minimum requirement: WatchOS 1.0.1)
  • A running PRTG Network Monitor installation that monitors your network (minimum requirement: PRTG core server version 14.4.13)
  • Ensure that PRTG for iOS on your iPhone is connected to your PRTG installation.
  • Ensure that you have Bluetooth activated on your iPhone to allow your Apple Watch to connect to it.

Configure Your PRTG for iOS Device and Your Apple Watch

Follow this little step-by-step guide to get PRTG running on your Apple Watch.

1. Activate PRTG on your Apple Watch
    1. Go to My Watch | PRTG | Show App on Apple Watch and activate the feature. This will install PRTG on your watch.
    2. Go to My Watch | PRTG | Show in Glances and activate the feature. Click here to enlarge.
  2. To define the PRTG app position in the Apple Watch menu, go to My Watch | App Layout and use the drag & drop method to position the PRTG icon. Click here to enlarge.

Now: Work with PRTG

Start monitoring your network on the go and get notifications (including push notifications) directly on your Apple Watch!

• Activate Notifications in My Watch | Notifications | PRTG. Click here to enlarge.

A notification on your wrist looks like this:

Click here to enlarge.

• Check the overall and detailed sensor states.

Click here to enlarge.

Click here to enlarge.

• You can use the Check Now function to execute instant network scans, and you can pause, resume, and acknowledge sensors. Do this leaving also messages by making use of the voice-to-text functionality.

Click here to enlarge.

More

Created on Sep 24, 2015 10:02:00 AM by  Martina Wittmann [Paessler Support]

Last change on Sep 24, 2015 10:08:48 AM by  Martina Wittmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.