What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG External Database

Votes:

Hi all, I'm just about to build our PRTG infrastructure and want to ensure that I build it to be as "performant" as possible. So my question is...

Will the Core server perform better if the PRTG database is hosted on a separate server? As this will effect the HA side of things, I was thinking of using Veeam to replicate the PRTG core server and database to our DR site ona frequent basis.

Would that be supported by you guys?

FYI, our ESX hosts and storage are extremely high spec with using SSD cache on the core server/Db would hopefully add some performance enhancements.

clustering database vmware

Created on Sep 24, 2015 9:15:03 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Created on Sep 24, 2015 12:18:53 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.