What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sonicwall VPN Sensor Always Reporting Down

Votes:

snmpsonicwallvpntrafficsensor collects the VPN information from my SonicWALL (including the name and subnet information) but all channels in the sensor are reporting no traffic.

Log shows Property "identifyby": TPaeInternalList.GetIntefers: Invalid integer value:

In the overview it says: Could not find the connection. Is the VPN connected? Is the identification method in the sensor settings configured correctly? (code: PE197).

I used the Recommend Now tool which found and added all of my tunnels. My only adjustment was to rename the sensors with a meaningful name. Prior to the name change, the sensors weren't working either.

Ideas?

prtg snmp vpn-snmp

Created on Sep 25, 2015 3:29:54 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Anyone have any ideas? Does anyone else have VPNs that are reporting information?

Created on Sep 28, 2015 2:18:13 PM

Votes:

Hi,
Could you please download the SNMP Tester and perform a Walk over OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.8741.1.3.2.1 . Afterwards, please send the outputs well as some screenshots illustrating the issue to mailto:[email protected]
Thank you.

Created on Sep 29, 2015 12:11:08 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.